- This event has passed.
Social Walking Group
October 29, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until October 29, 2020
Our Social Walking Group takes place on Thursday afternoons (starting at 3pm) and offers the chance to engage in the self-care practice of walking in nature along the Credit River, with a social hour to follow. Connect with others who have experienced loss, and enjoy the outdoors. Download Event Flyer
The walk begins at 3pm sharp and ends at 4pm. A social hour in the park follows the walk from 4pm to 5pm.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number and choice of walk.
- Please register by Wednesday each week for your chosen walk.
- Please bring a copy of the signed waiver (with boxes ticked) with you to the first walk.
- The volunteer facilitator will contact you to confirm your attendance and will send you an information sheet with everything you need to know about the walk.
- Walkers must sign a waiver regarding social distancing and safety protocols prior to attending.
- Walkers must bring a mask.
- There is a maximum number of 10 participants per walk. It’s best to RSVP early, deadline is Wednesday to RSVP, and if the walk is full, your name will go onto a waiting list.
- If there’s a last minute change and you CANNOT attend, it’s important to let the facilitator know, so she can call someone on the waiting list.
Location of Walk:
- Erindale Park – Map and trail access here: http://bit.ly/2HzvpGz
- Photo showing the street sign for Erindale Park, driving eastward from Mississauga Rd: http://bit.ly/2WZEFsF
Parking / Restroom:
There’s an easy-to-access parking lot at Erindale Park. The entrance to the trail is off Dundas St. (north side),
just east of Mississauga Rd. We will meet in a grassy area near the trail after the walk. There are restrooms
adjacent to the parking lot.