ADULT BEREAVEMENT RESOURCES & EVENTS
Grief is a normal, natural and necessary response when a loved one has died. Grief often feels like a roller coaster of emotions like sadness, anger, regret, fear and loneliness that are unpredictable and chaotic. The “work of mourning” is outward expression of thoughts, feelings and memories that take a person from an “old normal” for life to a “new normal” for life and there are no rewards for speed.
At Heart House Hospice (HHH) we understand that each griever is the expert of their unique grief experience. Foundational to all healing in grief is building a community of support while developing a self-care and self-compassion practice for overall resilience for life. Participating in HHH programs can help the griever build a “new normal” that is satisfying in a new way. The griever is invited to participate in programs of interest, knowing these may change at different points on the grief journey.
Residents of Peel grieving the death of a loved one may access HHH programs including:
- 1:1 Professional Grief Counselling
- 1:1 Volunteer Support (Bereavement, Meditation, Journal Writing, Energy Healing)
- 8-Week Closed Bereavement Support Groups
- Grief Chat Circles
- Social Walking Groups
- Educational Seminars and Workshops
- Health and Wellness Group Programs
- HUUG (Help Us Understand Grief for Children & Youth)
- Group Debriefs for Community Partners
- Information and referral to other bereavement and community supports
Online support for the grief journey with an emphasis on the holiday season.