BEREAVEMENT RESOURCES & EVENTS
Grief is a normal, natural and necessary reaction to any type of loss that includes a wide range of feelings such as deep sadness, anger, regret, fear and loneliness. The process of reconciling the loss of a loved one who has died can be very different for each person. You do not have to do it alone.
Heart House Hospice offers bereavement support to any resident of Peel grieving the death of a loved one. Bereavement support programs include:
- One-to-one bereavement support, counselling and psychotherapy with regulated professionals
- Bereavement Support Groups
- Educational Seminars and Workshops for individuals and organizations
- Social Walking Groups
- Health and Wellness Support (Art Therapy,
Meditation and Wellness Education)
- Access to Complementary Therapies (Reiki, Therapeutic Touch and Aromatherapy)
- Group Debriefs/Counselling for community partners
- Information and referral to other bereavement and community supports.
At Heart House Hospice, bereavement support is available when the client is ready to receive it…weeks months or years after a loved one’s death!
There are a number of community organizations within the region that offer grief groups including; Bereaved Families of Ontario/Halton Peel, Turner and Porter, Acclaim Health, Bethell Hospice, Scott Funeral Home, Streetsville Coping programs, Dorothy Ley Hospice, Wellspring, Lighthouse, PAIL network.
Download our free resources below:
Websites that offer support
Online support for the grief journey with an emphasis on the holiday season.