Fall 2018 Bereavement Programs at Heart House Hospice. All of our programs are offered at no cost.
“Grief is both a necessity and a privilege. It comes as a result of giving and receiving love.”
-Dr. Alan Wolfelt
Heart House Hospice’s commitment to care continues through bereavement services offered in person or telephone or support groups to family members and friends after a death. While contact from us may continue for up to one year, bereaved individuals are welcome to initiate contact during or after that time. Both volunteers and counsellors are trained and experienced in providing bereavement support.
Our bereavement services include:
- One-to-one bereavement support from the Coordinator of Bereavement and Spiritual Care (in person, by email, or by phone)
- One-to-one support from a specially trained bereavement volunteer
- Bereavement support groups offered twice a year
- 10 months of receiving an article about grief called Touchstones written by Dr. Alan Wolfelt
- Access to our library
- Referrals to other resources in the community
Heart House Hospice programs are offered at no cost to the individuals and families. We receive partial funding from the government but to bridge the gap, we must raise $437,200 each year relying on the generosity of corporations, foundations, community minded citizens, service clubs and special events. To support this program, please contact Lisa Hoekstra, Director of Development at 905-712-8119 x 234.
Click here, if you are interested in volunteering as a part of this team.
Access to bereavement support is a simple phone call to Peggy Moore, Coordinator of Bereavement and Spiritual Care at 905-712-8119 ext. 232. You may also email Peggy.