Position: SPIRITUAL AND BEREAVEMENT COUNSELLOR
Posting Dates: Tues. April 6 – Mon. April 19, 2021
Status: 30 hours/4 days a week
Hours: Flexible work hours including evenings hours and occasional weekends
Heart House Hospice (HHH) mission is to provide compassion, support and advocacy that lessens the distress of serious illness and loss on individuals, families, and the community. Spiritual and bereavement support are a few of the many programs we offer. Our programs are provided in several ways including one to one counselling, formal and informal support groups, education, and workshops. The Spiritual/Bereavement counsellor will be responsible for supporting HHH in the delivery of their bereavement activities. Activities are conducted; in person, using web-based video conferencing (i.e., zoom) or by phone.
- A specialist degree in a relevant field including but not limited to Divinity, Theology, Pastoral/Spiritual Care
- Regulated to provide psychotherapy through membership in College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) or OCSWSSW (Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers)
- Certification in the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC) or willingness/plan to be
- 5 years’ experience in hospice/palliative care
- 3-5 years’ experience providing individual or group bereavement support
- Demonstrated skills planning and facilitating groups
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple faith and cultural communities
- Demonstrated ability to interact with diverse cultures and faith groups
- Comfort, experience and willingness working with volunteers
- Interested in building programs that empowers compassion and community
- Enjoys speaking and engaging an audience
- Compassionate, patient, and sensitive
- Experience working with computers, databases and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within team
- Committed to protecting persons served privacy and confidentiality.
- Drivers’ license and access to car is an asset
- Fluency in more than one language would be an asset
- A police check and successful completion of 30-hour palliative care training program
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume by Mon. April 19, 2021. In the subject line of the email identify your first name, last initial & the position you are applying for to email@example.com
Selection process will start the week of April 19-21.
We thank all individuals who apply.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.