Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the key senior leader at Heart House Hospice, responsible for managing all resources to ensure the delivery of quality hospice palliative care and a workplace that attracts, retains and nurtures excellent employees and volunteers. In partnership with the Board, the Executive Director provides leadership, strategic direction and vision to ensure ongoing development and implementation of a strategic plan that supports the mission, vision, established values and culture of Heart House Hospice.
- Minimum seven (7) to 10 years of experience in leadership roles preferably in the non-profit sector (social services or health related)
- Experience and capacity to lead, coach, motivate and inspire staff
- Experience reporting to or working with a Board of Directors on effective governance
- Demonstrated track record in change management to support the transition from a community hospice into a residential hospice along with maintaining and expanding the current service that is provided.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community
- Background in facility management
- History of dealing with different levels of government and sectors in obtaining grants
- Familiarity with Canada’s charitable sector and the legal framework within which charities act
- University degree or relevant work experience in a related field
- Master’s Degree in Business or a health-related field (an asset)
Attributes and Skills:
- A politically astute, strategic thinker and planner
- An engaged leader who can bring a vision and foster a culture of excellence in leadership, fundraising, relationship building, stewardship and recognition
- Able to envision and convey HHH’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Strong financial acumen in the non-profit sector
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, collaborate and lead staff
- A confident and articulate presenter
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, financial management, and communications, written and oral
- Passion and knowledge of end-of-life care and hospice palliative care
- Technically proficient
- Leadership role in a residential hospice
- Clinical experience or working in a clinical setting (e.g. Healthcare administration or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of Ontario Health Teams and MOH priorities, healthcare trends, programs, particularly in relation to palliative care
- Experience in management of Covid-19 protocols
- Understanding of all relevant health, employment and safety legislation
This search is being conducted on behalf of Heart House Hospice by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
- Apply Here
- Position ID: 160
- Deadline: April 21, 2021
- Please apply with your cover letter and resume as two separate documents.
- For additional information, please reach out to Gina Eisler via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 647.529.5106 or 416.977.2913.
- We request all applications be submitted online only.
- For technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
To apply, submit your application by April 21, 2021.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in one document/attachment online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.