Don’t miss out on this incredible learning opportunity. Join us for Canada’s first national virtual Children’s Grief Symposium on November 18, 2021.
Join us for Canada’s first national Children’s Grief Symposium. Participants will have the opportunity to learn foundational concepts, practical tools and innovative methods that will help them to support children, youth and families who are coping with grief and bereavementin their own communities.
Workshops will be delivered by practitioners and educators from across Canada who have extensive experience and knowledge in children’s grief and bereavement care.
- Date: November 18, 2021
- Location: Virtual Conference
- Focus: Education and Collaboration
- Keynote Speaker: Will Petschenig
- Number of Guests: 500+
- Participants: Professionals from schools, healthcare, funeral homes, victim services and other social services agencies
Interactive sessions will cover a wide range of topics including:
- Foundational children’s grief concepts
- Advanced practice ideas
- Emerging research
- Innovative program ideas and tools
- Widowed solo parenting
- Childhood traumatic grief
- Expressive arts therapies
- Supporting youth from different cultures
- The essential role of music in healing for Indigenous children and their families
- Trauma-informed community care for grieving families
- Supporting child survivors of suicide and many more…
There will be multiple opportunities for participants to connect and engage with one another and with the presenters. Volunteers and students are encouraged to attend.
F O R M O R E I N F O R M A T I O N O R T O R E G I S T E R , S E E B E L O W: